why would paypal refund what was paid for an item I sold on ebay?

babsonline
New Community Member

We sold a guitar on ebay and ebay says the money is available.  It is not in the bank account linked to paypal. When we follow the link it takes us to paypal where it says they refunded the money to the buyer.  Why?  What is going on? We tried to reach paypal to get an answer, but are in a vicious circle of trying to find out or find someone to help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@babsonline

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

babsonline
New Community Member

It says the money is available, but it is not in my account.  When I follow the link in the email to paypal it says that the money was refunded to the person who bought it from me.  What is going on?  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@babsonline

So you are not going to do what i said in my post above and check that email address on your auction then??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.