refunds

stevie18
Contributor
Contributor

in a bit of a delema here, i bought something off gumtree and paid through paypal but the buyer said it had gone to his wifes p/pal and not his, he then refunded the money part went back into my paypal and the remainder to my bank as there wasnt enough funds in paypal, obviously the money has gone into my paypal and the remainder supposed to be in 1 to 3 days, why is it he said the money had arrived in his paypal and he refunded straight away but my bank came up as pending but then went out the next day although hes already refunded???? am i missing something or what,this only happened during the last 2 days so i dont know if the money is going in. then he emailed and gave me his email but i sent it through paypal again but he saying its blocked his account as i sent it by g and s so he imediatlly refunded again and its came up as refunded in paypal but is going to my bank account,but that amount is also pending on my bank account????? HELP

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevie18 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevie18 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.