"The merchant doesn't accept this card." (But it's my bank account)

DomGeldart
Contributor
Contributor

So I have my a bank account set up with my paypal account and everything was fine I was making purchases online from different places and never had any issues, then I made an in app purchase through a google play app 4 days ago and ever since then I cannot make any purchases with my linked bank account through paypal, instead I get this message in paypal when selecting my payment method with any merchant "The merchant doesn't accept this card." but its not even a card it's linked bank account. There is another error message I get (this one was in steam) after I try to confirm the purchase, "your purchase has not been completed. The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method. This one makes me think it may be an issue with my bank but theyre closed today, so if anyone has been through this and found the solution id love to know what it was. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kingdez
New Community Member

"The merchant doesn't accept this card." (But it's my bank account) SOLUTION.

This issue happens when you received funds in a different currency from your preferred or primary currency. the solution is to go into your wallet, under your paypal balance you will find transfer and under it you will see your primary currency e.g Us Dollar and the other currency you received money in e.g British pound, go to the british pound you will see 3 vertical dots next to the amount ,press it and convert currency to your primary currency which is this case is the Us Dollar. it should be solved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.