"Sorry, your preferred funding method isn’t available. Please choose different one. This is BS!!!"

jklipa
New Community Member

I made 10 payments in a row using bank A, my preferred payment source.
On the 11th payment it gave me this...

"Sorry, your preferred funding method isn’t available. Please choose different one."

I only have two banks defined...
Bank A, and Bank B...

The 11th transaction defaulted to using Bank B (which has virtually no money in the account), so it failed... (I was not even paying attention...)
Does anyone know why this is happening, and when I can resume making payments from my preferred funding method...? 

I called the help desk and Jose told me that there is an algorithm that controls this, and nobody knows when it gets triggered, or when you can expect to continue using the Preferred Funding source...! It's a security feature... Try using it again in 24 or 48 hours, bu no guarantees...!
It seems like someone should know how long I have to be in time-out before I can start processing payments again...!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

jeannie312
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting this same message too.  I can't figure out what to do.  I need to pay for a class.  This is ridiculous.   Customer Service was of NO help.    

Login to Me Too

Roderick21
Contributor
Contributor

My last used was last month and I can't even send payment now. A day has passed and yet problem is not solved!

Login to Me Too

Alberto12
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem but whats interesting that the same card worked a few weeks ago.Now none of the work and the support told me it to wait 48 hours.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.