eBay payment sent to a non existent PayPal account. Could I please have some help?

khaled2k11
New Community Member

I've sold an item on eBay however, the payment was sent to the email my account eBay account uses which is hotmail.co.uk. The email my PayPal account uses is hotmail.com. I've made an account with the .co.uk email now but I cannot see the transaction. I have received an email stating that the payment was unclaimed and subsequently cancelled. However, my eBay account says the payment is on hold. I'm now confused. Has the payment not arrived in my account because it was cancelled or is it simply on hold? This is the first item I've ever sold on eBay and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khaled2k11 

Firstly do this......

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is it the old one?

Secondly if the email address did not exist then the buyer may have the option to cancel the payment HOWEVER if the email address did exist then the payment would then go through.

Having said that you can have up to 8 email addresses on the 1 paypal account and receive payments on all of them. You don't have to open another paypal account and if you did mean you have done that then i would soon close it when you have sorted out the payment as you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if 1 is personal and the other 1 business.

If the payment has not shown up then have you CONFIRMED that email address?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add%2C-confirm-or-remove-an-email-address-faq14...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

khaled2k112
New Community Member
Thanks. I've closed down the new account and added the email to my main PayPal account and everything seems to have sorted it self out. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jvanhanken
New Community Member

I am currently having the smae issue you had. Once you added the email that the payment was sent to onto your PayPal account; did the payment just appear?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.