eBay payment from buyer shows egg timer....

Kat18
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
There is something wrong with my account - I sold something on eBay last week, the buyer paid but on my eBay page it had an egg timer with "payment was initiated on XXXX and is being processed through Paypal" In the end, neither the buyer or me knew how to sort this so I cancelled the sale and have now lost out! I thought it was an issue with their Paypal account but I've now just had the same happen with something else that I sold on eBay so it's obviously my account?
Any idea what has happened here? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kat18

The email address on your auction must be wrong.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kat18
Contributor
Contributor

Yep! It had an old email address on there for some reason - and it probably has on lots of new listings of mine so I've just added that old address to my Paypal account as I still use it rather than change each listing individually. Any idea what I do now with the payment? Do I have to cancel the order on eBay and start again or will it eventually go through?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kat18

If the buyers have not used the cancel option then it 'should' go through from my experience of this problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kat18
Contributor
Contributor

Fab, thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kat18

Your welcome, kudos / solution appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.