double billed

jbstephe123
New Community Member

hi, im confused. i placed an online order and paid via my paypal account's associated bank card. The next day asked the seller for a cancellation of the order. i recieved a paypal email/notification from the vendor of the 'refund'. No money had been deposited 'back' into my bank account, as none had been removed/transfered/deducted from me, as the order had not been processed yet. But i was just notified by my bank - now 3 days later - that the original order amount was deducted from my bank account...which did not have enough in it to cover that unauthorised withdrawl. How do i find the responsible party to recoup the banks NSF charge i incurred for a purchase that never happened? like i said, confused - hope someone can help...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jbstephe123 

Transfers from bank accounts are not instant, paypal credit the seller upfront and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer to pay them back again.

If you get a refund then the funds still have to leave your bank account as the payment has already been processed and authorised > then when it gets to paypal as a refund was made its credited back to your bank account again.

As you authorised the transaction in the first place then its up to you to make sure there are enough funds in your bank account to cover the payment until the refund is processed back to you again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.