delayed posting of payments and late fees

1scammerinUS
Contributor
Contributor

I owed last payment of $161.14, on sept 26th, tried to make payment with credit card, paypal refused, said i would have to give them routing number and bank account number to pay over phone, it cost me $35 thru my bank if i do this, so it being sept 20th when i called, i ask if i could pay by check, they give me the address and i mailed it on morning of Sept. 20th, ask post office clerk how many days to get to Charlotte NC, from east TN., he said 3 days, checked on line ,paypal says 5-7 days, called paypal to see why it wouldn't posted, manager Sydney say mail is 7 to 10 days, so i ask if paypal office closed due to storm, never could get her to answer, so they have added a $38 late fee plus interest and say they still hadn't recieved payment, was told it may be a delay due to weather and P.O. mail delay, i asked why i was penalized because of a storm or P.O. delay. The real problem i have with their answers, is my wife is a bank manager for 28 years , and storm or no storm ,she gets numerous customers over the years that come in irate at the bank because of a check that has not cleared that they sent to paypal well in advance, my wife explains to them ,if the check comes in before 2 pm ,its cleared the bank that day, after 2 pm, its the next day. So paypal may delay posting payments to get late fees and more interest, whatever the trouble, i will never do business with paypal credit or send or use a paypal account, they think they are the only player on the block, so did kmart and sears, but look what a hit they took for thinking people wouldn't go else where

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

parts of NC hopelessly flooded.

why does your bank charge $35 if PAYPAL debit your account?

this sounds like domestic wire transfee fee and there is no need to use wiretransfer,bank to bank transfer ACH is free.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

postal clerk will always tell you first class mail would be 3-7 days,but in reality when there are weather issues or closing /rerouting or seasonal ,it could be more days./

There was a time USPS closed some of their distribution/facility ,or during xmas season,first class mail and media mail and parcel mail will not get on the plane before express and priority mail.

your destination area may not be flooded but the transit route could and rerouting mail is common.

In the past,when NE is hit with storms,outgoing mail to Europe ended up in Puerto Rico instead of NY,NJ and PR has only one flight daily.

Login to Me Too

1scammerinUS
Contributor
Contributor

why do i see USPS tractor and trailers on Sat. and Sun, on I40, its a 3 hr drive from where i mailed to place of delivery, its now been 9 days, if paypal credit was flooded in NC, why don't they admit it, i'm sure some employees were flooded, but i watched the news and I40 between Knoxville  TN, and Charolette NC was rerouted for 1 day due to flooding, i send car parts in those boxes if it fits it ship, i send them to California on a regular basis, usually 6 or 7 days on tracking they are in California and delivered , and thats without any special handling 

Login to Me Too

1scammerinUS
Contributor
Contributor

you will need to ask my bank that, but i'm not big on giving a person my routing number and account number over the phone, i offered to pay paypal with my master card and they say they can't take cc payments, so why would they accept my debit card but not credit card, if someone gets my cc number, i have protection on it, they call me if they see something wrong, they woke me up about 2 weeks ago on a sun. morning and ask if i was in a restarant in San Diego trying to pay for a meal of $8.30, i said no i'm 3000 miles away in east Tn. so they stopped the card from being used, you don't get that luxury from a bank on SAT or Sun , all you can do is set a minimum per day, look at all the info went out on FB, would you want Zukerman to have access to your bank account to let millions hack it, you think paypal can't be hacked?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.