Why does it take so long to receive a refund back onto my debit card?

C_lene97
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for items early February. I paid via my debit card through the PayPal website. It shows that my refund was "completed" a couple of days ago, yet I can't transfer the money back to my bank account. I looked up the article about how long returns take and it said 30 days! What in the world is going on? A refund should NEVER TAKE THAT LONG. Don't show that the refund is completed when it isn't. Someone from PayPal needs to respond to this. I'm so frustrated and irritated that it's going to take 30 days to get my money back when the company just gave it back? The most I've seen is 15 business days. Why does it take so long? I just really want my money back.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Seriously_steph
New Community Member
Total BS. I get refunds much faster when it’s coming directly from businesses, but DAYS with PP. NEVER AGAIN making purchases via PayPal. I made a purchase of a computer, then realized I bought the incorrect one, requested a refund which the business did and said at least one business day, which was right, but since I made the purchase through PayPal, the refund is being held in their limbo. I can’t even buy my computer, I having to cussing wait!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.