Unemployment direct deposit missing

Joeyswifey
Contributor
Contributor
Unemployment direct deposit missing. I used my PayPal account to have my unemployment funds direct deposited into my account. The unemployment website says the money was sent for direct deposit on Sunday, 17 May and it’s still not showing up and after speaking with customer service on PayPal they tell me they have no record of it as anyone else had this problem or is having this problem? If anyone else had this problem and finally received their unemployment direct deposit Please tell me something I’m in a panic and don’t know what to do.
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Dondon81
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a problem the last few weeks. I tested PayPal by having my girlfriend send me $7 yesterday I didn't get it till the next day. Thats not right. I have had no issues since April but ever since the lost wages started i have had issues with my deposit. Unemployment just mailed me a freaking paper check! My deposit information has been resetting on Des. I have called them everyday for last 2 weeks. Its impossible to get through to their payment center. Its been a real headache.

Login to Me Too

nealkin
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me. Did you end up getting your money back?

Login to Me Too

JandaSipes
New Community Member
Wow. So glad I’m not the only one having this issue. Well my Issue is that I have been receiving my PUA Claim Payment via direct deposit (with PayPal) since the end of October, without any issues. As usual every Sunday I go onto the North Carolina DES Website and I file my Weekly Certification. Then come Tuesday Morning between the hours of 3am & 7am; I receive my Direct Deposit for my NC PUA Claim. Now mind you I’ve been doing this since the end of October 2020, and it’s been like clock work, every Sunday I file and come Tuesday morning (every Tuesday morning) I get my direct deposit. So when this past Sunday (12.20.2020) came up I did like I always do and filed my weekly certification. It’s now Tuesday, 12.22.2020 @ 5pm ET; and I still HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR MY PUA CLAIM. I’ve contacted NCDES first thing (@ 8am) this morning to make sure everything was good and they sent the payment out, which they stated they did send the direct deposit on 12.21.2020 & IT’S SHOWING THAT IT HAS CLEARED ON THEIR END BUT THERE IS NOTHING IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. So I then turned to PayPal and tried to talk to someone within the “Help Center” in their App (no luck by the way, very disappointed with that). So I then called the 800 # on the back of my PayPal Card and after what seemed like hours I finally was able to speak to a Real Live Person...who then proceeded to tell me that they’re not showing anything on their end where I have a “Direct Deposit Waiting” and that they do their direct deposits in “Batches” so it could be that mine just came in later then usual and to give it until 5pm PT today (Tuesday, 12.22.2020), which is 8pm ET (my time) and if I still haven’t received it then call them back tomorrow (Wednesday) Morning. Which I have a feeling I’m going to have to do. Has anyone had this issue of receiving their government direct deposits and then all of a sudden not receiving them? Has anyone been able to get this issue resolved, and receive their direct deposit? If so, what did you have to do? Any suggestions or advice for me??? Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be very detailed so everyone would be able to see what my issue is. Thanks for reading and hopefully I’ll get some responses.
Login to Me Too

Ugh_Not_Again
New Community Member
Hey, Janda. I'm having the same problem of my PUA payment not being in my PayPal account yet. Can you please let me know if you have received your payment yet and how long it took if you did? This is my first payment with PayPal direct deposit. I spoke to customer service yesterday and they informed me it can take 3-5 business days for it to be in my account. I've seen other people say they never got it and had to get a check mailed to them or it's taken a couple weeks to show up in PayPal. Pretty ridiculous since the payment has been made and everything is good on the sender's side. This is just PayPal taking this long. If you, or anyone else for that matter, could please let me know how long it took for their payment to show in PayPal, I would appreciate it.
Login to Me Too

Julia_8806
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem different date - mine was sent 1/24, usually shows up next day (1/25) not in my account yet...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.