USD to AUD

trpb
New Community Member
So I made a payment of 59.78 USD but paypal converted it to 91.43 AUD. Did the conversion rate change or is this payment a mistake?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_April

Hello @trpb

When you use PayPal to convert the payments you received into or send a payment in a different currency, you can view the conversion rate at the time of the transaction. The foreign exchange rate is determined by a financial institution, which is adjusted regularly, based on market conditions. PayPal’s exchange rate includes a processing fee above the exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency.

We always provide currency exchange rate information on transactions that include a currency conversion. To view our up to date exchange rates, please log in to your PayPal account and go to https://www.paypal.com/businesswallet/currencyConverter/AUD.

If you use your credit card to send a payment, you can usually opt to use your credit card provider’s conversion rate instead of PayPal's. If you choose to use MasterCard, American Express or Visa’s exchange rate, the applied conversion rate will be shown on your credit card statement, and not at the time of the transaction.

For more information on the exchange rate with international payments, log in to your PayPal account and click 'Fees' at the bottom of any page.

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.