Spell check out my big thumbs made a mistake and sent 1,000.00 to the wrong email address

1timnix
Contributor
Contributor

So as the title explains I was sending my friend $1,000.00 to help him out as Covid has put him behind on bills so instead of him having to live on the streets I decided to help him out. His email is <removed> mistake either spell check or big thumbs I typed this email in <removed> I or spell check didn’t put JR at the end of his name on his email address. Of course we caught it in 15 minutes because he kept saying he hasn’t RECIEVED it and after looking for that 15 minutes probably 15 times I didn’t catch the wrong email until finally. So first thing I did was contact PayPal for help as well as contacted him on that email address and explained the whole mistake Now after two weeks PayPal will not do a thing about it I mean nothing they have more info on him and could easily contact him and explain the mistake you would think but no their not going to do anything to help get my money back nothing I’ve even cancelled that transaction I’ve reported I don’t know how many times. I personally can not for the life of me understand how someone that knows that money wasn’t sent to them so it had to be a mistake I would contact me or PayPal to return it I can’t even think that way of keeping it and just do nothing but probably spend the money.?? I’ve sent him $0.01 so I could request my money back and it went through. I sent him an invoice for the $1,000.00 with no response. If anyone has any suggestions please share them with me. Please and Thank You if nothing else Please Buyer Beware triple check the email because you have no protection through Pay Pal and I guess I just report it to the BBB there’s no reason they couldn’t reach out a helping hand just like I was to a friend so he or his kids have food and a roof over their head. Thank You Everyone for listening and I look forward to any type of info or suggestions or email that guy I emailed by mistake.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.