Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time

Xplacex
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service. I keep getting this all day.. And my account is verified and nothing pending.. I’m also connecting my card Anyhelp?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kiml1919
Contributor
Contributor
You have a couple options, wait 24 hours (sufficient in most cases) and re try the transaction, send an invoice to a phone number from your target account and pay as guest using your card info ( different from home account would be best) also you could try making a new account, but using a different phone and making sure your ip address doesnt correlate is main kicker on that one for success.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xplacex 

Have you confirmed your card when you added it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Xplacex
Contributor
Contributor

Kiml1919
Contributor
Contributor
Confirming a card is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xplacex 

ok then if your card is confirmed and you still can't use it to fund your purchases then your best bet is to..........

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country so that they can check your account for payment issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kiml1919
Contributor
Contributor
The system makes the call, the reps are merely pawns of the system hence calling will do no good. Am i the only one who keeps it real around here, wow...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello Xplacex,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time making a payment. I know that can be very frustrating. Please review these troubleshooting questions to ensure your account is best prepared to make a transaction.

Have you confirmed your email address?

Have you added a funding source?

Have you confirmed that funding source?

What back up funding sources do you have?

Have they all been confirmed?

Are you paying from funds in your PayPal balance?

Are you paying in your currency or another?

Is it an international purchase?

Does the seller accept purchases from your country?

Is your PayPal account limited?

Are you accessing your account from a secure internet connection on a familiar device?

Also, it is important to note that PayPal may not allow a transaction to complete if there are any problems with the recipient's account or if the payment is high-risk. Your financial institution may also decline a payment as well. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.