Sending a gift from New Egg and using Pay Pal

atgplus
New Community Member

I bought a gift for a relative who lives in another city and state from New Egg using Pay Pal. On the New Egg order form, I indicated a "ship to" address to the relative and a "billing address," myself.

I then used Pay Pal to access my credit card and submitted the order.

I, at first, received an e-mail conforming the order and the shipping address, but later that day, I got another e-mail saying that the present was diverted to my address, which among other things means that I will have to eat the cost of shipping it again (and delaying the gift). I contacted the folks at New Egg according to their e-mail and they claimed that their contract with Pay Pal restricts them from sending the gift to the recipient but only the buyer. Since this was no where stated on the New Egg website, and this appears no place on the Pay Pal website, I am confused.

This makes no sense to me since, come the holiday season, folks will be buying gifts for people at different addresses from the billing address all the time. I've not experienced this with any other on-line vendor before, even when I've used Pay Pal.  Can anyone shed any light on this? Is this typical Pay Pal practice or is this unique to New Egg?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.