Scam?

CarlA1990
New Community Member
Hello, I got sent £10 today from an unknown person with the note as Tara IPTV, currently not a clue what that’s for no idea what it is and didn’t expect any payments coming to me. I contacted seller to question it, they said hi I’m so and so’s sister I am paying for the IPTV is this correct, I said you’ve been given the wrong email address as I have no idea what this is, they ask could I send it back I ofc played on April fools and said no it’s mine now got a sob story back and then replied with April’s fool, I’ll send it back now, they requested a refund so I sent the £10 back, then just after midnight tonight I receive a refund from the same person sending me £10 again so I once again questioned why they sent me £10 they said “have I? I’m not very good with technology, you can tell I’m blonde” very cliche so I said if your trying to scam me do one, they replied “Why would I try scam you on PayPal, I genuinely thought I’d put it back in my bank account I’m so sorry, you use the money it’s only a tenner I can do without anymore hassle right now” and I’ve now left it at that the money is now sitting in my balance, what should I do? Is this a scam?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

This_is_Chris
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, @CarlA1990,

I would be confused as well if I were in your shoes.

Well, to answer your question, as long as they are not asking you to click on something, or provide them any of your information, you should be all good.

One thing that you can do is to send it back to the sender since it's their money. On the other hand, you can also donate the £10 to a charity. I recommend letting the sender know this as well just so they can be on the same page.

Here is an article that might help you with regards to donating:

Donating

Hope this helps! Always stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.