Refunds??????

MackMennell
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I purchased an item and the seller was able to refund from ebay back to paypal.. but my question is that it's been 4 days and the transaction still hasn't been refunded to my bank account... I was wondering if this is normal and to give it more time or just when is the average amount of days when the transaction will appear back from paypal to my account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MackMennell

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MackMennell

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ARTMYRA7762
Contributor
Contributor

My refund has not appeared either in my bank account or paypal account and it"s been as month. Trying to contact Paypal is a nightmare, they really do not make it easy for you, then you just get a computerised answer that has nothing to do with the problem. It used to work well in the past, goodness knows why they had to change it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ARTMYRA7762

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.