Quickbooks not recording refunds with echecks.

glasses2020
New Community Member

Hi there, 

We are having an issue with how Paypal/Quickbooks integrate and we are not sure which platform to look for the answer. I will describe the refund process on PayPal and our Bank.

1. When we issue a refund to a customer, the money is withdrawn from our Bank. 

2. PayPal then issues the refund (i.e. the money leaves our PayPal account), and it is recorded as a negative transaction. 

3. In the refund within PayPal, there is a note in each refund transaction that says the "Source of funds: Bank". 

However, the transactions are recorded differently in Quickbooks:

1. Our bank sees a withdrawal out of the account and into PayPal.

2. PayPal then shows a deposit of the money into the account, the source being our bank. 

3. However, Quickbooks does not show that money *leaving* the PayPal account to the customer as a refund. 

Hopefully this makes sense. We've noticed that all these occur via "eCheck". Basically, Quickbooks does not have a transaction for the refund leaving the PayPal account. They only record the transfer from our Bank into PayPal, but not that money ever leaving as a refund. It seems that the refund transaction is not being recorded, despite it being present within the actual PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.