Pending

Kwasi1
Contributor
Contributor
Sent money to a friend in the U.S from the UK and it says pending in my transactions even though the money has been debited. Her account is a new PayPal account. What could the problem be? Any help?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kwasi1 

If its showing as unclaimed with a cancel option then the only time that happens is when the email address is non existant and so the payment can't complete.

If you have imputted it correctly then she has giving it to you incorrectly, either a spelling error or misplaced dot somewhere or other.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kwasi1 

1. Is it pending / unclaimed in your account and if so is there a cancel option?

2. Is it pending in her account as well and if so does it say anything about the new seller hold?

3. Is there a clearance date on YOUR paypal account and was it an echeque?

4. What currency did you send?

5. Has she verified her email address?

6. Have you checked the email address for any spelling errors?

7. If she has a U.S personal account then before she can accept funds into her paypal balance she needs to do this.........

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kwasi1
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. Yes it is pending with the option to cancel. If spoke to her and she confirmed she has no transactions pending. She has verified her email address and I did not make any mistakes typing her email. I debited my pound account to send dollars so it was a The gave me an interest rate for the transaction. Also I am not paying for a service. I’m just sending her some money for medical bills. What might be the issue with the delay please? Thank you
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kwasi1 

If its showing as unclaimed with a cancel option then the only time that happens is when the email address is non existant and so the payment can't complete.

If you have imputted it correctly then she has giving it to you incorrectly, either a spelling error or misplaced dot somewhere or other.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.