Paypal payment with no money

OG-Legends
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, my son created a paypal in order to send money to someone with 0$ paypal funds. He attached to the paypal account his bank account which unfortunately does not have the balance to cover the money sent. What exactly is going to happen and did the person in question receive any money? Thank You
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@

@Maariiaa 

Did you actually read the OP's question, they said there was NOT enough funds in their paypal balance to fund the payment.

@OG-Legends 

When you pay a seller its never instant > paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

So if the payment is marked as COMPLETED in your paypal account then the seller has been paid, if when paypal go to transfer the funds there is not enough in the bank account then they will try again a few days later and if that fails again they will try any back up cards if you have any linked.

If none of that works then they will put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Maariiaa
Contributor
Contributor
If the money has been taken from the bank account it has been received. You still can ask for a refund from paypal. The only problem is with the bank account is them that let the payment go thru. But you should be available to get a refund
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@

@Maariiaa 

Did you actually read the OP's question, they said there was NOT enough funds in their paypal balance to fund the payment.

@OG-Legends 

When you pay a seller its never instant > paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

So if the payment is marked as COMPLETED in your paypal account then the seller has been paid, if when paypal go to transfer the funds there is not enough in the bank account then they will try again a few days later and if that fails again they will try any back up cards if you have any linked.

If none of that works then they will put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.