Paypal Has Blocked Us!

MMLNorris
Contributor
Contributor

We had an issue where we paid some employees via Paypal Echeck.  The money didn't come out because a large commercial customer, believe it or not, gave us a bad check and our bank never told us until after the Paypal Echecks were out of the account.  So the EChecks went into a retry status.  The retry was successful as we had quickly gone and put our bank account to rights again.  Problem solved right?  Wrong!!  Paypal is trying to feed us a crock and bull story that the Echecks weren't successful and they are demanding we send them money to rectify the issue!  I cannot and will not send them money for something that has already left our bank account so I contacted Paypal and they assured me that it was a simple case of the transactions bypassing each other so it would straighten out shortly.  I believed the associate and went about my day and week.  Suddenly, today, I get a threat that I am to pay to cover these checks, and now!  I was understandably upset over this so I checked our bank account to see what had happened.  Well, the two transactions are still showing as taken out of our account successfully!!  So Paypal is insisting I'm paying for something I obviously don't owe them as they have the money and I don't.  So I tried to call them but now their phone number has mysteriously gone missing from their page!  So I sent a message complete with a link to a screenshot of my bank account showing that the transactions did indeed go through.  So, here I am and suddenly I get a message in response to that message.  That message essentially says the person has no clue what I'm talking about and I owe Paypal money and that is that!  So I tried to respond to this associate when suddenly I'm getting a message that they are no longer accepting messages either!  So, if you cannot call them and you cannot send them a message how the heck do you contact them and why am I required to pay money to them for something I simply don't owe them?  It makes no sense!!  More confusing is that we are in the times of COVID so, even if I did owe them money don't you think they would be more lenient on small businesses?  This whole thing is downright strange.  Almost like a scam but by a legitimate company or what I thought was a legitimate company!  Anyone have any suggestions to help us out with this?  Thank you so very much!!  God bless. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MMLNorris 

Takes 5-7 working days for an electronic transfer ie echeque to get to paypal via ACH in batches.

So paypal will keep telling you to pay as they have no idea the funds are 'on their way'.

Just ignore them and the emails or messages telling you to pay will stop as soon as the transfer is complete.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.