Paypal Billing Agreement for dynamic charges

GuestPost
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right platform to ask this technical question but its worth a try.

I am creating a marketplace where people could sell there digital products and services.

For each sale, I would like to receive a fee.

Now as per PayPal's new marketplace API. It is right now a limited release... not available for small businesses.

So the best solution I could find online is to signup a billing agreement with my sellers on the platform.

And whenever they make a sale on my platform I will charge them a fee.

I want to understand how technically I could do that.

Till now I have created a billing plan. But I can only create a billing plan for an amount greater than 0 (zero). Which I don't want to.

Also On the PayPal website, it says that: A Billing Agreement allows a seller to charge your PayPal account when you purchase goods from them or use their service.

An example of this would be an agreement to pay eBay seller fees for listing items on eBay.

Billing Agreements are different from subscriptions. With subscriptions, a fixed amount is charged for a specified period, but with Billing Agreements, the amount and time period aren't fixed.  

My Questions:

1. To create a billing agreement with PayPal API I need a billing plan. What Kind of plat I should create in order to charge a different amount with different intervals?

2. Is there a sample PHP or Codeigniter working demo which I could look into?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.