Payment not authorized

MartialB
Contributor
Contributor

When attempting to purchase a game subscription online for $18.99 it says "Payment not Authorized".   I have $2.50 on my PayPal balance and a linked bank account .   I have authorized and purchased from this seller several times in the past years.

Why won't PayPal charge my bank account directly instead of me having to wire money over? Its extremely tiring having to wait 2-3 weeks for money to transfer from my bank account to my PayPal balance. 

I have confirmed that this is how my brother completes his payments, so please no misleading information about how I also need a credit or debit card attached to it as well in order for it to work.  You don't need a credit or debit card attached as well.

Would I be correct in assuming this is probably an issue with my bank and I should contact them?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Leopold101
Contributor
Contributor

Have you figured out the reason of this since?

Login to Me Too

HeartfeltCelt
Contributor
Contributor
I'd also like to know. The official word was that my transaction was declined for security reasons and the suggestion was to change to another account at checkout?! At that point the rep ran out of ideas and sent me in this direction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.