PayPal incorrectly overdraft $300 from my bank! What do I do??

Omnium_Gatherum
Contributor
Contributor
So, recently I switched all my PayPal Automatic Payments settings to charge everything to my new bank account... INSTEAD they continued charging my old account and racked up over $300 in overdraft fees... When I called PayPal, they couldn't explain WHY it had happened and told me to call my bank for a refund... My bank told me it's not their problem since the payments were authorized as far as they could see... WHAT KIND OF SCAM IS THIS?!? THIS WAS CLEARLY PAYPAL'S MISTAKE. HOW CAN I GET MY $300 PAID BACK?? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

singingwolf
Contributor
Contributor

Raise a dispute with the bank that the transactions where not authorised and provide screenshot or email conformation of the cancelled authorisation from PayPal. While it maybe PayPal's fault it will be like getting blood from a stone to get them to give you $300. There's unlikely to be any real cost to the bank (is just a penalty fee) so you will have better luck getting them to refund if you raise an official dispute. Good Luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.