PayPal Wallet; Immediately Flagged?

Augury
Contributor
Contributor

Be forewarned: I will try to keep this brief, but no promises.

Hello. New PayPal user here--I'm having a wonderful first impression. Before we get into the details, there's a few necessary things which I need to disclose. Firstly, I've tried contacting PayPal three times now. I've received one response from a CSR who "sort of" told me what my problem was, but offered no valid solution because they didn't care to realize that, when I responded and they henceforth ignored that, their solution wouldn't work for me. I was told that my problem wasn't with neither my two bank accounts nor my PayPal service in itself. An "internal security model" detected that, even though I gave this company enough information for someone to not only steal my identity but every dollar which I own, there was something suspicious about my activity. Brilliant! So, not only did the CSR not hear why their solution wouldn't work, they never rectified the problem or offered any way to rectify the problem. I responded, and got no further answer. 

So, my problem is this. I have two bank accounts, which not only does PayPal everything they could possibly need for it (and then some), but will only let me make purchases directly from them--not transfer funds from one account into my PayPal balance. Because that makes such a difference. Moving on, here's why purchasing directly through them does not work:

1. The primary account has two-thirds of the funds; the secondary has the remaining plus a little.

2. I can't transfer between my banks themselves, one doesn't recognize the other and the other doesn't do transfers outwards.

3. My income is nearly identical to my bills; it would take me months to save up that other 1/3rd.

4. The secondary account doesn't let me use it for bills; it's an online account with no physical bank, and doesn't do actual bill payments (debit).

5. Both let me do PayPal, it's completely on PayPal's end, I have already verified with them.

6. PayPal only let's you pay through two options when one of them is the Wallet.

Alright, I tried to clarify that as much as possible; hopefully, I did. 

This really should have been resolved on Monday; my funds would have been in by Friday. So, while they're trying very hard and I'm trying very hard to not be sarcastic here, thank you for trying, but I would really appreciate it if someone--anyone--could help me get to the bottom of this. Why, on the very same day I give ultra-sensitive information on not one, but two bank accounts--I'm flagged for suspicious activity? I bet there wouldn't be a problem if I made $5 dollar purchases once a week for three years, then stopped for two months, and made a $1,000 one out of nowhere. A case where suspicious activity would make a ton of more sense; I'm at a loss for words, to be honest.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Augury

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Augury

Suggest you contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Augury
Contributor
Contributor

Don't tell me I typed all that for nothing?

I've been trying to; they don't respond! The one time they did, I heard nothing in return when I told them it wouldn't work. It's just unreal and makes absolutely no sense. I could completely drain both my accounts to every single last cent, and that would be fine! But, make a transfer?  The same day I give ultra-sensitive information and all but put my entire livelihood in their hands? That's where we press the brakes... look out, that's where the real trouble is. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Augury

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.