Not enough in bank to cover adding money to Paypal

Frankie1233

I requested money to be taken out of my bank account and moved into my Paypal account. However, an unexpected unrelated payment has come out of my bank meaning I have been left with less money in my bank than I requested to transfer into Paypal. The payment on my Paypal statement says it's pending. I don't have the funds. What will happen now?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frankie1233 

The transfer will fail if you do not add money to your bank account, or any other linked payment method and you might get overdraft fee depending on your bank policies.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frankie1233 

The transfer will fail if you do not add money to your bank account, or any other linked payment method and you might get overdraft fee depending on your bank policies.

Login to Me Too

Frankie1233

I don't have an overdraft on my bank account so it should just bounce, right? Then I can just leave it?

@sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frankie1233 

I imagine the process will be like a failed eCheck; PayPal will email you saying the transfer failed, since adding money is not backed by a credit card. PayPal doesn't pay ahead into your PayPal balance for you when adding money as opposed to buying something or sending money to someone.

Login to Me Too

Frankie1233

Okay awesome, thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

Rayab
New Community Member
If I put the missing funds into my bank to cover the payment will PayPal attempt the payment again ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.