Money being taken away

Yareet20
New Community Member

I am having money taken from my account from an address beginning with <edited>although I didn’t use my card or withdrew money. I have investigated and it seems to be PayPals address, should I contact my bank or PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yareet20 

First, check if you can find a matching transaction in your PayPal account activity history to dispute with. Also check your email inbox for any PayPal receipts dated on or around the transaction date that corresponds.

Ultimately, if the transaction is only appearing in your funding source account (card or bank), dispute it with them as the transaction appears there and not in PayPal who will contact PayPal in the course of their investigation. The merchant is simply using PayPal as payment processor, not necessarily you making a transaction with your PayPal account or as PayPal guest checkout if you do not find a PayPal receipt with a receipt ID number on it that explains the charge.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.