Missing first payment from Shopify

We-Design-Build
New Community Member

I opened a shopify store, sold my first order before setting up my PayPal biz account. Set up the biz account under a different email since shopify store was built by my designer and was under his email. All following sales processed properly to my PayPal account except this first one, it never showed up. Shopify helped all they could, followed all the PayPal suggestions: “add designer’s email to your biz account, make it the primary and the payment should appear...never appeared”. Countless hours spent chasing $40, sending Authorization, Correlation, Token numbers and time stamps etc but no one from PayPal can tell me where the payment went. Customer has their goods, Shopify took their cut, payment says “confirmed” to PayPal...but hasn’t made it to me. There is a post exactly like this from 2017...sadly no solutions back then either.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi We-Design-Build, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please contact us via Facebook or Twitter and we would be happy to look into this for you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.