Just Got Scammed and PayPal Takes Extra 20$ ?!

Youssefalaa3
Contributor
Contributor

So im a gfx designer and i sell artwork through Instagram and some **bleep** decided to refund for no reason *even tho i delivered what he ordered* and of course PayPal will be on his side for some reason and he paid 5$ and it just go refunded but for some reason there is an extra 20$ that go taken from my account too and it's driving me mad

like im over here getting scammed for 5$ and i didn't really care but 25$ is A LOT

any help would be greatly appreciated

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youssefalaa3

If the buyer did a chargeback via their card issuer then that card issuer makes any decisions and if they decide in their clients favour then you are charged their 'processing fee'.

Normally if you had seller protection you would be reimbursed by paypal but unfortunately seller protection does not cover virtual or digital content.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Youssefalaa3
Contributor
Contributor

and is there anything i can do to get the 20$ back i don't care about his 5$ but i need the 20$

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youssefalaa3

Sadly not as the 'loser' pays the credit card companies 'fee'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Youssefalaa3
Contributor
Contributor

all i can say is that PayPal is unfair

Login to Me Too

Youssefalaa3
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL IS SO UNFAIR AND DUMB

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youssefalaa3

You were the one that chose to sell virtual / digital items when paypal state you have 0 seller protection if you do.

So you were the one that took the risk and sadly lost out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Youssefalaa3
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah risking them refunding the money of the transaction itself but it's just dumb to take 4x the amount refunded which was 20$ just as 'extra charges'

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youssefalaa3

Which charges they clearly state in paypals user agreement if you lose a chargeback the card company charge you their processing fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.