How to cancel automatic payment (Google Inc)

TorSved
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! 

I am trying to cancel my automatic payment to Google Inc, but I can't fix it..... When I press the "Cancel automatic payments" button to Google Inc. i get a Error-message. This happens every single time I try. Can you please help me?!

regards

Tor from Norway

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TorSved 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

El_Miguelo
New Community Member

Doesn't work

Login to Me Too

thor007
New Community Member
Doesn't work
Login to Me Too

RubyG_
New Community Member

I still get the same Error Message. I can't even change/update payment. 

Login to Me Too

TrumpWon
New Community Member

Doesn't work for me either. Seems as if there's a pact here to ensure Google can empty out our bank accounts at will with PayPal's help and we can't do anything to stop them short of closing our bank accounts.

Login to Me Too

Billmk

Agree, I think PayPal and google are working together and is why one cannot cancel automatic payments when the merchant is google. I had no problem, nor my wife on her acct, with canceling other merchants, only problem was with google. Finally had pp  customer service cancel for me, however, PayPal wanted to know WHY I WANTED TO CANCEL Google automatic payment!! Why is none of paypal’s business!

Login to Me Too

Fiore_uk
Contributor
Contributor

To cancel Google automatic payment, you need to go to pay.google.com and remove paypal as a payment method. Then log into paypal and you should be able to cancel google automatic payment. Sorry for the very late reply, I was facing the same issue as you today and I had to do some research myself to figure this out. It's kinda dumb how difficult it is to cancel google payment, and there's really no guide out there on how to do this, had to figure it out myself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.