How long will it take to transfer money internationally?

maiapttng
Contributor
Contributor
I live in Canada and just recently sent money to a friend in US. On my history, the transfer was marked as completed, I also emailed and called PayPal to make sure that it was transfered to my friend and they both said it should be on the recipient’s view on the day I sent it. However, my friend have checked multiple times since then and still there hasn’t been no money in her account yet. I’m just wondering how long would it take to transfer money from Canada to US, or at least show the money on the US account? I sent it on Thursday morning but PayPal withdrawed my money on next Tuesdays.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maiapttng 

It should be fairly instant.

Did you send to correct email address and did friend confirm their PayPal email address so that the payment would show up in their account? If an email address is registered with a PayPal account but not confirmed, money won't show up in the account until email address is confirmed.

If you sent to correct email address, your friend should have received an email from PayPal basically telling them they have money waiting and need to confirm their email address to claim it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

maiapttng
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I sent it to her correct email, and I believe she already confirmed her email address because she’s a PT and uses PayPal to collect payments from customers.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maiapttng 

Did you pay with eCheck? eChecks have to clear first but there would be a corresponding record of payment in the recipient's account. PayPal also could be reviewing the payment before sending it on to recipient which takes up to 72 hours to complete. Ask friend to check her emails for any information from PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

maiapttng
Contributor
Contributor
No, I didn’t pay with eCheck 😞 I sent the money directly from my bank account to her PayPal email.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.