Help me please, got scammed

Mechanikss
Contributor
Contributor
Hello guys, i got scammed trought friends and family. I did payment but its is hold on for 24hours right now. Payment I did from my credit card. What to do guys? Help please
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

When you make payments with friends and family you cannot dispute it with PayPal. Unfortunately, this is a very common scam.

Since you used a credit card as the funding source, you may be able to dispute the transaction with your card bank.  If it's still pending you might even be able to catch it before it releases.  Call the number on the back of your card right away and dispute the transaction.

If it's not caught in time, there's a chance the card company could give you a credit, but then your PayPal balance goes negative because they still processed the Friends and Family payment.  If this happens you will likely need to cover the amount and chalk it up to a learning experience.  Hopefully it's a cheap one.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Mechanikss
Contributor
Contributor
So i need to call to bank right now right?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, I would recommend that. Let them know you need to dispute the transaction and you're hoping to catch it before it processes.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Mechanikss
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted with support bank, and they said i need to create mail with this issue i did and its pending, they said I need now wait until monday. Maybe I should try to call bank and talk with them about it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.