Got a refund on my original payment method on e-bay which has expired last month.

Temp20220130ba
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

So i had an item returned on ebay to the seller, and the seller provided me with a refund which is i received according to the ebay staff which i contacted first about this problem, and was told to contact paypal.

The thing is, i received the refund through the original payment method which was a credit card that i had (visa), and it expired in mid march i think, i bought a new credit card (visa), and already linked it with my paypal account and ebay account, but still didnt receive the refund on that new card.

How can i transfer the money or receive the money on the new card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220130ba 

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.
Failing that it may bounce back to your balance, allow 14 working days and if no show contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.