Fake Merchant Transaction for an item that I never purchased

Wolfpack88
New Community Member

Hello,

I was looking for anyone's feedback on a scenario that just happened.

About 3 months ago I purchased something from a merchant that was never sent.  I disputed the transaction and I was deemed the winner of the dispute and my money was refunded back to me.  I have not been in contact with this merchant in months (since the dispute was resolved).  

I woke up this morning to a fake transaction from the same merchant for the exact same amount of money that was previously refunded to me.  With this transaction came a request for me to pay $ for an item that was never bought.  I have not purchased anything from the merchant and this is a fake / bogus transaction in attempt to get me to pay the merchant money.  

Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this?  Should I just deny the request for the money that the merchant sent?  I feel like they are going to send me something bogus with a tracking # tied to it in an attempt to say that an item I purchased was actually sent.  I couldn't find any procedures to follow through PayPal so I figured I would reach out on here.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.