Employer emailed a payment, nothing happened

jmmeru
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I work as a Virtual Assistant. Rate at £3 an hour. This is my first time getting paid thru PayPal. My employer emailed me a receipt that he has already sent a payment in form of GBP, But what scares me is that I haven’t received any email from PayPal whether I really have the money in my account. I tried to ask my employer about this. He said that it really takes long transferring PayPal from UK to PayPal ph because of restrictions of how big the money he transferred. He even provided the transaction ID but I don’t know how to validate it. Please help.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sonjabjb8
Contributor
Contributor
Go on their social media and blow them up. I did that and I got a message this morning. You have the ID number so once they contact you give it to them. They deleted my post lol. I'm so sorry doll. And they did say paypal is difficult and takes a while HOWEVER, my bestie in Denmark just sent me money and I got it instantly! Instantly!
Login to Me Too

jmmeru
Contributor
Contributor
Does it mean that I got scammed? Not with money but with the work that I gave?
Login to Me Too

sonjabjb8
Contributor
Contributor
Possibly, I hope not. Paypal should be like venmo. Instant. I get money from overseas instantly. I have my profile and have my bank contacted. Poland, Denmark....UK shouldn't be different. Refunds yes. I would be more on your boss. And say that paypal said it should be instant so where is my money? There shouldnt be a conversion issue because paypal does it for you automatically. I'm speaking from experience. My bestie just sent it right now.
Login to Me Too

sonjabjb8
Contributor
Contributor
I wouldn't work another lick without proof from your boss and tell him paypal said it's instant that's why it's universal. I mean he sent it to your account, there should be no reason. Or say venmo me instead.
Login to Me Too

jmmeru
Contributor
Contributor
I really appreciate your advice, guys. He is insisting that I get a stripe account. And the main problem here in the Philippines is that there is no Venmo. I gotta face the consequences that I have been robbed with the time I lend to work for him.
Login to Me Too

sonjabjb8
Contributor
Contributor
Oh doll I'm so sorry. I don't know stripe or how it works from the Philippines but it shouldn't be any different country to country. Unless call paypal and see if it is. Just in case. I'm so sorry again. Karma
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jmmeru 

Paypal payments are more or less instant and would show on your paypal account even if pending and you would have received an email saying that they had paid as soon as sent.

Have you added GBP as a receiving currency in your paypal wallet?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.