Duplicate Processing!

SAS12
New Community Member

Had trouble processing online order with UK commercial website.  PayPal would stop processing and kick back to the order confirmation page.  I had to renter the billing address and shipping address and complete the order.  This happened repeatedly, finally I received a message that said my order was successfully placed and I would not be charged until by product shipped.

Less than 24 hours later bank calls to report suspicious activity.  Log in and see SIX charges and SIX reversals.  The bank had declined all six charges.  I check my email and PayPal account and I only have 4 PayPal confirmations.

So did any product ship?  I have an inquiry to the vendor.

Why four orders from PayPal and only 1 online confirmation, but then 6 bank charges?  NONE of the stupid online PayPal addresses this situation and you can actually contact anyone or send an email!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SAS12 

Some glitch occurred where the data did not go through right resulting in faulty processing which caused you to repeat the purchase until one went through successfully and in the process resulting in temporary authorizations where the funds are held. The bank marked them as unauthorized or suspicious due to all the duplicates.

Its possible the seller didn't even get the order but the temporary authorizations putting temporary holds on funds generally seems to always go through so you'd have to check with the seller. The discrepancies speaks to the glitch in the data transfer processing from you to seller/paypal. Could be bad, weak, unstable signals in communication between computer to seller site/paypal site causing interference.

Tech can do neat things but it isn't perfect. 

If this ever happens again, stop. Don't just repeat the purchase again. Wait a while and check your accounts to see if something went through or not. You would see temporary charge in your funding source. Adjust or restart your wifi/router or switch it off and on again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SAS12 

Some glitch occurred where the data did not go through right resulting in faulty processing which caused you to repeat the purchase until one went through successfully and in the process resulting in temporary authorizations where the funds are held. The bank marked them as unauthorized or suspicious due to all the duplicates.

Its possible the seller didn't even get the order but the temporary authorizations putting temporary holds on funds generally seems to always go through so you'd have to check with the seller. The discrepancies speaks to the glitch in the data transfer processing from you to seller/paypal. Could be bad, weak, unstable signals in communication between computer to seller site/paypal site causing interference.

Tech can do neat things but it isn't perfect. 

If this ever happens again, stop. Don't just repeat the purchase again. Wait a while and check your accounts to see if something went through or not. You would see temporary charge in your funding source. Adjust or restart your wifi/router or switch it off and on again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.