Declined verification from my bank but still debited

Ljean
New Community Member
Hello, I have a problem regarding my verification of my account as there is no PPCODE that was sent under my transaction when I tried to link my debit card to paypal but still I was charged for $1.95. and when I requested another code, there's an alert that showing your card was declined by the issuing bank however i was debited for $1.95 in my bank. May I know if the amount will still be refunded even if I wasn't able to verify the card? Thank you. Waiting for any helpful response
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ljean,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Sometimes, we are suggesting to contact the card provider directly as their customer service can see more details of a charge on your account including the PayPal Code that you needed to confirm the card on your PayPal account.

Since your card cannot be confirmed, the charge will be refunded 75 (60 days in Brazil) days from the date of the charge. Based on certain jurisdictions (such as Brazil), the credit may not actually post to your card for up to 30 additional days.

You may check this for additional information: Where do I find the PayPal code to link and confirm my debit or credit card

Hope this helps. Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.