Citi Bank India not issuing FIRC after taking payment

rkdeepak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have paid twice for the same FIRC document but they never responded over email and the package I received had incomplete/missing transactions. I request every community member to be on alert before paying upfront amount to them. RBI should do something on this.

FICR Request Number: S-200312-013431

FIRC Reference No - S-200616-008468

For each I paid 2360/- so total 4,720/-

Does anyone know how to get a hold on Citi bank as there is no nearest branch I can visit here?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

I want to let everyone know that I have received the FIRC for one of my banks within 2 weeks. I am going to apply for another bank in few days.

Login to Me Too

purpleberry
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing same issue. I have 2360 on 5th Jan 2020 even though there were only 19 transactions which should cost on 118 INR.  I messaged on Paypal message center regarding this issue but they are just copy/pasting same reply instead of giving any solution. It has been 23 days and noone seems to care for helping neither citibank nor paypal. Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @purpleberry 

I requested for 2 different FIRC for 2 different bank account and I received both of them. They are sending it to the bank branch and we have to collect it from there. Bank branch was saying they didn't receive it but later when I insisted and they checked the folders. They had receive it

Login to Me Too

purpleberry
Contributor
Contributor

I am already in touch with Bank manager whose name I have added in FIRC letter. They haven't send any certificate yet. And also why they had charged me 2356 INR when it should be only 118 INR for less than 20 transactions. I see you are a contributor, if you can help with this that would be great. You can assume the frustration level for following up for 15 days for this issue and still not getting even single proper reply. I have dialed Paypal India toll free number as well but no representative there to talk and call just goes to silent after telling, we are transferring to representative.

Login to Me Too

sahilm
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal charges INR 118 per FIRC per transaction. If you are ordering a bulk FIRC they will charge you INR 2356. Your best bet would be to stay in touch with the branch manager and contact the PayPal support via email/messages here on site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.