Contributor
What does refund pending mean
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WillB57 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WillB57
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Kudo From what I understand if like me you send something back to a seller on eBay once they receive the item back they should issue with a full refund. But if the seller hasn’t got sufficient funds they can pay by Echeque which can take 10 days to process, which is actually what’s happened to me, even though I paid the seller instantly. It’s sucks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WillB57 

Kudo is what you click on to say thank you, its not my username which is kernowlass.

Secondly if the seller did not have funds in their paypal balance then they would refund from their bank account which always goes as an echeque.

This is because paypal do not credit refunds in advance like they do payments so this time you have to take the wait.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WillB57
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I won’t post another this on here!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WillB57 

ok, your welcome, glad you appreciated me giving up my time to help you???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.