Cancel Free Trial for Usenet.nl?

john778899
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sir or Madam,

I made a mistake and subscribe to usenet.nl.  When I do not find the data I was looking for, I initiated the subscription cancellation process (submitted a ticket and also an e-mail) and also cancel the automatic payment through paypal.  Is what I am doing enough so that usenet.nl will not incur payment to my paypal account?  I was latter learned that usenet.nl is apparently a scam.

Thanks and regards

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dave2908
Contributor
Contributor

hi i got a the same problem too though in my case they've already withdrawn money from my paypal. these people will if haven't already send you emails threatening to pursue legal actions and depending on where you live you can just ignore their fear tactics (I know that no Canadian judge will rule against me in favour of a fraudulent  company). Can u give update to ur case? I was scammed after you and I'm now reaching out to paypal now to get my money back. BTW paypal needs to **bleep** do something as this is international and has gone on for almost a decade (a quick google search I realized I was not the only one)

Login to Me Too

john778899
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your message.  As an update, i called the contact number (the european number).  In another forum, it was informed that one should call at around 10 AM CET.  I was able to speak with a customer service officer and managed to cancel my subscription before the trial period ended, and I received the e-mail confirmation telling that my subscription has been cancelled.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.