Can't pay with PayPal balance - need to add credit/debit card

themilossh
Contributor
Contributor

I've been through all settings, but still, whenever I want to pay with PayPal, to Facebook or other services, it always makes me add a card, which I can't. Now, I made sure my preferred payment method is PayPal balance, I've also set my default currency to USD, as those services ask for USD. Does anyone know what to do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@themilossh

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending BUT for some transactions and at some point Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@themilossh

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending BUT for some transactions and at some point Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

themilossh
Contributor
Contributor

So, what you're basically saying is that I need to add my Credit/Debit card, or else I can't use my balance to pay?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@themilossh

Well what you do is up to you, all I can do is tell you why and when paypal ask for c.c. info to be added.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@themilossh wrote:

So, what you're basically saying is that I need to add my Credit/Debit card, or else I can't use my balance to pay?

sounds like it.

Login to Me Too

Jacinna
Contributor
Contributor
See this seems a bit over the top and not very colustomer friendly. Tbh. I always thought the aim of paypal, going back a few years when they first started becoming a big thing-and it was sorta before debit m'card/visa etc cards, like most bank cards weren't able to be used online at the time unless it was a proper credit card if you know what i mean. So the whole point of paypal existing was to be the intermediary between tradtional brick ad mortar banking accounts and the world/ebay etc linking ur bank meant paypal sort pf acted like the virtual card and debited funds on your behalf when you otherwise had no means of transferring it otherwise. So im sure you never really had such a need for extra cards etc nor do i recall not being able to make the selection at checkout rather than bing completly blocked from any other form of paymentmethod and being demanded to enter a damn card! Not everyone has cards or mite have accounts set up just for online purposes. Its silly that they also don't make things transparent on your account. As far as i can tell the settings are set how i want but when i try checkout it just will not allow it. But there is no where i can find why it is not allowed and this sort of information should be easily available to the user.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.