Can't figure out why a payment to me is pending?

ysaocliasa
Contributor
Contributor

A client paid me for an online service I provided (content writing), and while the payment went through, it is labeled "pending" and hasn't been transferred to my balance. I'm trying to find out why it's on hold, but I still can't figure it out. I'm pretty sure it's not any of the following reasons:

1. 21-day hold for new sellers - I did not get a notification that I was not considered an "established seller" which based on what I've read online is the case when new sellers' payments are held. I also read that this is something Paypal says upfront if this is the reason, and they did not say that to me
  2. Higher than usual amount - While the payment actually is higher than my other transactions, I've also seen that this is something Paypal says upfront to explain why a payment is pending. They did not say that to me

Here's the message Paypal sent to my email about the pending payment: "As part of our security measures, we review certain payments more closely to ensure our platform is being used properly and to minimize the potential risk for us and our customers. This payment is currently being reviewed. We are working to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience."

They didn't identify a date for when my payment would be released to me either.

Anyone know what the cause might be? 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skytyourdesign
Contributor
Contributor

Even i don't get this truly. its been over a month now, did you get your payment?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.