Can't accept any form of Card Payments

DWilsonDV
New Community Member

Hi

Recently made a new website (I'm the developer) with wordpress and woocommerce. This is where things get strange, the website can accept payments through paypal as long as it's the bank method, however when the customers select to use debit / credit card they get hit with errors on paypals side 

"We're sorry, but we couldn't complete your purchase using the funding source you selected. You can complete your purchase with the funding source shown, or choose another way to pay."

I've tried it with 4 different people, all with funds in there account and we can't figure it out. We've also tried 3 different PayPal plugins. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

turbonelly74
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever resolve this please? Having exactly the same problem.

Login to Me Too

nick1410
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation. 😞 Have anyone solved this ? 

Login to Me Too

turbonelly74
Contributor
Contributor

Solved it! It was due to the Merchant Category in the account settings. Try changing that.

Login to Me Too

nick1410
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. It has been difficult to locate this merchant category in the account setting. I am not sure if this is different depend the location or the account type?. I am based in Vietnam and already changed my account to business type. 

Could you please share guidance how can you locate this function?. Thanks you so much

Login to Me Too

turbonelly74
Contributor
Contributor

Click on the gear icon in the top right and click Account Settings. Select Business Information, and Update. Click Edit (near the top next to your business name) then enter your category in the "Product or Service Keyword" field.

Login to Me Too

nick1410
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much. I got you now. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.