British Airways payment error question

brentb1984
New Community Member

Hi guys really hoping for some clarification here from those in the know 🙂  Today I tried to book my airfare on British Airways' website by paying via PayPal.  Upon submitting the payment request, received an error saying they couldn't process the payment and to try again.  

Mere seconds later I received an email from PayPal with the following text (edited out the personal info):

You submitted an order in the amount of $xxx.xx USD to British Airways Plc

Thanks for your order at British Airways Plc. Money won't leave your account until British Airways Plc processes your order.

My concern is that I will be billed not once for my tickets, but twice, and then subsequently will not get said tickets.  I did call British Airways directly to ask if the money will be pulled out of my account (and as of this writing I see no pending transactions for the cost of my plane ticket) and they were very insistent that it will not be.. but being the paranoid person I am, wanted some additional assurance this is the case.

Upon clicking the transaction ID link in the email I received from PayPal, both statuses show as 'Canceled' .. will I have anything to worry about before trying to book again with a card?

(Also attached a photo for reference, thank you for your help!) 

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 7.48.49 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

HLJ_01
New Community Member
Hi, When I tried to pay for a British Airways flight via PayPal on 29th (and also on 30th August), I got to a page saying only "No token passed". So I was forced to pay by card... Could this have been in any way related to the data breach of BA's customers - being forced to pay by card by blocking us from being forwarded to PayPal ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.