Being used as paypal cash machine, cash held hostage for up to a month!

Malistz
Contributor
Contributor

Right, I buy a motherboard from a ebay seller for £50. Seller messages me saying the motherboard is dusty but still new, if I still want it and pay 2day he can have it posted today. I say yes please, as long as it works. So I pay in full, half paypal half bank account, seller instantly cancelled order and refunded me, thing is he did this via a echeck! So now I have to wait 7 days for echeck to bounce, then another 7 days for retake, even then the part refund that goes to my bank will take anywhere up to 30 days! I messaged seller who told me he had just emptied his paypal and had just bought something in between refunding me! All in messages, so let me get this right, I understand bank payments are slow ect, but PAYPAL is basically borrowing my money out to people for up to 30 days, already been 7! With no interest, with no comebacks, technically a cash advance, cash machine for anyone clever enough to use this loop hole! I have sold a few items recently and one seller tried using echeck to scam me into delivering items before payment had cleared, it always seems to be echecks, paypal has held onto my payments for days before releasing them now they borrowed my cash out for up to 30 days to a stranger. I know the forum is probably packed with a similar themed tread, I just feel like I have been robbed, instantly. Cash held hostage for up to 30 days, if you did this to a person it would mean prison! 2020 banks should not take 30 days to transfer funds ffs! Even paying at a shop with bank card, if refunded always seems to take 3 days max, never 7 never 30? 24hrs tbh. PAYPAL facilitating personal cash advancements for up to 30 days from unsuspecting innocent users of there platform, 0% interest, just issue refund on any amount as a echeck, make sure ur balances are empty first, bobs your uncle, set amount for 30days, rinse and repeat?  Nice loophole, shame I am a honest person.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.