Automatic Renewals

Cefnboy
Contributor
Contributor

Just had a situation where an automatic renewal was made (have requested a refund). I did not know I had agreed to set up an automatic renewal, how do avoid this happening in the future.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cefnboy 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cefnboy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, managed to find what I wanted under the payment tab. I had 5 pre-approved payments that I was not aware of, did'nt realise that this could happen with Paypal. Have now cancelled all and will look out for this in the future.

Login to Me Too

EyesShiningAngr
Contributor
Contributor

A month ago I decided to try Netflix for just one month.  But I noted today it was set up to pay every month.  Is there any way of just making one solitary payment??  If so this should be set up by default!

Login to Me Too

EyesShiningAngr
Contributor
Contributor

I suppose it's best to use my credit card in future.  I don't think they even allow monthly payments.

Login to Me Too

Cefnboy
Contributor
Contributor

It is a bit of a concern but now I am aware that this can happen, particulary on subscription payments I am aware to check under "payments" and cancel any pre-approved payments.

Login to Me Too

EyesShiningAngr
Contributor
Contributor

Good idea.  I'll do the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.