Funds withheld because Paypal Needs more information from me?

oracleknight
New Community Member

So I've been asked by Paypal (through the Resolution Center) to provide a Driver's License, National ID and Passport. It also asked me for proof of address. Here is my question: I only have a driver's license. I live in a country where we don't have a National ID and I do not have a passport. Instead, I sent a copy of my University ID and my Driver's License. Will Paypal accept this as enough evidence/ proof of name? I'm not yet working so I don't have anything else to give them.

Also since they asked for a proof of address, they were asking for Utility bills. I don't have ANY utility bill in my name as I currently live with my parents. The most I have was an Official Receipt that went through Philippine Customs and a few letters from my university addressed to me (with my current address included). Again, will paypal accept this as enough evidence? I live in the Philippines, not the US or Canada so what they're asking from me is a bit difficult to give.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

oracleknight
New Community Member

Well, they worked on it quite quickly. They've lifted the restriction and it all seems to be working again 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AndreaA

Dear oracleknight,

Welcome to our PayPal Community. We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. 

Thank you for being our Customer. 

Regards,

AndreaA

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.