Remove PayPal Pay Later option from paypal checkout page.

Pradeepy09
Contributor
Contributor

I want to disable/hide the PayLater or credit option from PayPal Checkout Option. Why? To simplify the checkout process. For e.g If someone uses pay later "Pay in 4" to buy products from my site, I don't want the customer to get involved in complexities of partial refunds and process refund timelines. I think there should be an option in the Paypal account or merchant business account to disabled Credit Options like Paylater and Pay in 4.

PayLater Image.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

The funding choice is driven by the customer as opposed to the merchant preference, so if that funding source is available to the customer it will show as an option. That being said for the merchant there isn't an impact in regards to refunds etc. and how that's handled, it's seamlessly handled and funding source agnostic. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @Pradeepy09,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Depending on the integration, for example you can hide/remove the "Pay Later" funding source from the smart button via Javascript SDK by passing the "disable-funding=paylater" as below:

< script src=" https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID & disable-funding=paylater" > < / script >

I request to contact your website developer or support of third party eCommerce to update the SDK script using the above method.

Please refer to the detailed guide link-  https://developer.paypal.com/sdk/js/configuration/#link-disablefunding

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Pradeepy09
Contributor
Contributor

The disablefunding attribute will only work to remove the smart button of pay later from my website checkout page. When my buyer clickers on PayPal checkout button, he is redirected to the PayPal gateway the gateway shows pay later option as shown in the screenshot. Can I Remove/Disable these?

PayLater Image.png

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

The funding choice is driven by the customer as opposed to the merchant preference, so if that funding source is available to the customer it will show as an option. That being said for the merchant there isn't an impact in regards to refunds etc. and how that's handled, it's seamlessly handled and funding source agnostic. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.