got took by paypal

dijaback
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal just slapped me with a charge of $532.41 in authorized debit transactions that they failed to process properly causing the charge to be visibly deducted at the time of the transaction, put onto a hold for between 3 to 5 days and then, without notification or contact of any type whatsoever was redeposited back into my account. Paypal then effectively loaned me the money to pay the merchant since the amount bounced was redeposited into my account and then let this happen 14 times from March 20 to April 8 unabated. Granted had I been paying closer attention to the account activity I guess I would have...I don't know? uh, looked for bounced payments then set that money aside and transferred the refund into my checking account and held it until this mass payment was collected on? I guess. Right now I just feel like Paypal's error has, in their eyes, granted them free license to rob me of $523.41 without proper warning. I'm just kinda furious that every other transaction I take on PP I get an email and app notification yet as these botched non-debit charges are being put on hold and then after a few days being redeposited into my account I get no notification that it has returned - nothing about certain debit transactions processing incorrectly. Nothing about this mass collection coming down the pike and a "loan" repayment to the tune of $532.41. So after 2 supervisors and an hour on the phone Paypal's price for their mistake? Nothing. They get paid or I get a collection agency barking at me and trying to **bleep** me even more than I'm being **bleep**ed now. I understand that I spent that money, however only 3 of the bounced transaction we over $30. with the frequency with which money comes and goes out of that account I don't think it's a leap that I missed these amounts coming back in. If anyone has any advice or thoughts on this **bleep**dom please chime in. If you're a PayPal user - watch your **bleep**. I'm no in the negative for $286.93 and I'm totally broke. **bleep**.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.