Payment Data Transfer using two websites urls with one PayPal account

TomMRI
Contributor
Contributor

We have two WordPress websites setup with WooCommerce for the shopping carts (no PayPal buttons). Transactions from both sites are being directed through our one PayPal account. I would like to set up both website URL's with the Payment Data Transfer option, however, PayPal's Website Preferences only allows the use of one URL for Auto Return, generating one PayPal Identity token. Because the sites sell different products, it would not be appropriate to use the one Identity Token to return customers to only one of the sites, creating confusion.

Is it possible to use Payment Data Transfer, setting up auto-return using two different URL's? If not, is there a workaround? Thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Andre

Hi, with PDT you can't have 2 different identity token I am afraid. Did you consider to use IPN instead? When you enable IPN in your profile you can provide only 1 URL but if you pass the notify URL variable, according to your integration type, you could pass from 1 shop an IPN url like for example https://www.my_Shop1.com/myIPNlistener_1 while for the other https://www.my_Shop2.com/myIPNlistener_2

In this way you can process 2 different IPN from your 2 shops. You can find here a useful links for IPN: IPN Intro

Login to Me Too

RaidR

Hi @MTS_Andre,

Thank you for your tips.

I want to know that, if I use IPN, I do not need to provide the PayPal identity token? I only just need to set the URL for receiving IPN on my website, is that right?

I see the PayPal Express Checkout for WooCommerce Plugin have a IPN Option, choose it and only need to provide the URL for receiving IPN of my website. is that mean I only need to provide the urls for each website? If I need to close the PDT and open the IPN in my paypal Dashboard?  and if I need to open the IPN, how I can set the Url on the paypal IPN Dashboard.

Login to Me Too

tekmama
Contributor
Contributor

Use sonic IPN - very advanced options.

You can set many rules, wildcards, can also be integrated with ClickBank, ThriveCart and other systems for the same site, multiple sites and set forwarders as needed per product. Super advanced. Used by Internet marketers.

From my bad experience:

Avoid like a plague the angelleye PayPal IPN forwarder plugin - very dishonest vendor he is. I purchased his plugin when it was the pro upgrade to his free WordPress repository one. Alas, he removed the free one a short time ago and began charging for it. He has the right of course.

However, as a paid customer I should be getting it free since it's part of my purchase of the upgrade and the pro plugin does not function without having also the basic one installed and the updater plugin installed.

So now he's demanding money also for the basic plugin when I just need the forwarder functionality. Super dishonest and scammy behavior.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.