Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

smallwebsol
Contributor
Contributor

A client of mine is getting the error message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

This started happening about a week ago for a long-standing PayPal button we've had in place for years. No changes have been made to the button (until today to see if the path to the custom button was an issue). I also have made sure that the encrypted payments option is set to "No," which is recommended as a fix for this issue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

TIA

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tomessinqa
Contributor
Contributor

Just letting you know, that you are not alone. My customers started getting this message Aug 29. On Sept 1, I put in a ticket. On Sept 3, I called to see what my status was. The lady responded, "They're working on it." Sept 4, I found where the status report is on my profile and it lists my status as "New". Like you, this has been working for years with hardly any problems. I develop websites and have been pushing my customers to use PayPal as their payment gateway.
Tom

Login to Me Too

smallwebsol
Contributor
Contributor

Confirmed. Just received this message from support (I find this unacceptable for an outfit as big as PayPal with millions of users):

I reviewed your case description, tested your website and indeed after clicking Continue, I am receiving the error message - "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later". I understand this issue is frustrating and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Unfortunately, the issue which you are experiencing is caused due to some technical issue at PayPal end. Our engineers are currently working diligently on a solution to this problem. At this time, they have not yet let us know when they expect the issue to be resolved, but I have added your account details and screenshot into the escalation for them to analyze.

Meanwhile, as a work around you can create a social media button and add it on your website. We do have a social media button that will work with email, website, and social media, since it creates a link.

• Click the tab Pay & Get paid on PayPal dashboard.
  • Click PayPal Buttons under Accept Payments.
  • On the Make a PayPal Button page, click Sell on Social.
  • Create your product and Fill in all the information
  • Add a picture
  • Click Create
  • Click Get Link
  • Paste the link on your website or social media page

You can also create a Smart Payment button as well as a work around. 

I will keep you updated with any relevant updates that I receive on the matter as soon as they're made known to me. This ticket will remain in an "On Hold - Internal" status until you're contacted about the resolution. 

In the interim, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.